Lara Heimann runs the Yogastream studio in Princeton, New Jersey. Originally trained as a physical therapist, Lara brings anatomical and functional sensibilities to her classes to enable her students to push their limits in a safe and powerful way.
She's been completely plant-based for the past 12 years, and sees a strong mind-body connection between eating plants and moving the body joyfully.
In this interview we cover:
- Lara's philosophy of yoga as preparation for real life
- The right and wrong ways to challenge the body
- The protein question for plant-based athletes
- How to determine if a yoga teacher or studio will help or harm you
- How yoga can make you a stronger advocate for your core values