Emily Nolan is one of my heroes. She's an internationally sought after model, a former Olympic trainee, a serial entrepreneur, and a tireless advocate for kindness, self-acceptance, and positive body image.
As the founder of MyKindofLife.com, Emily writes and creates media that provides “inspiration for kind people.”
And as the founder of the non-profit “Topless,” Emily empowers women and men to accept and love their own bodies in a public way, through yoga classes and other live events.
In this conversation, we cover a wide range of topics:
- Emily's story of being a plus-size model, a size 4 model, and everything in between
- the epidemic of body dysmorphic disorder that is at the core of so much suffering in our world
- why kindness is both the easiest and the hardest thing to bring – and how inspiration helps
- why the first step in helping someone get healthier is inviting them to try radical honesty
- why going topless in yoga class is a revolutionary act
- how Emily is planning to subvert our culture's Valentines Day memes in 2015 and how you can get involved
- and much more!
Enjoy, and please share!
And as always, please post your (kind and radically honest) responses in comments below.
Resources and links from this episode
Emily's website: MyKindofLife.com
Teaser video for Topless: