On December 31, 2007, Tracy Russell went to bed in mediocre health, lacking energy to exercise, and 40 pounds overweight.
The next morning, she made her first green smoothie, and hasn't looked back since.
The founder of IncredibleSmoothies.com and author of the recently published The Best Green Smoothies on the Planet, Tracy is a cheerleader and guide for many folks' transition to a whole-food, plant-based diet.
In our delicious, carbohydrate-rich interview, we cover:
- Tracy's early, misguided attempts to get healthy, lose weight, and get fit (hint: including a low-carb diet that shall not be named)
- her own transformation that began with a single green smoothie a day, and has grown into healthy eating and – wait for it – marathon running
- the importance of finding your own “keystone habit”
- the wisdom of capitalizing on our taste preferences rather than battling them
- how to introduce a young child to green smoothies
- the health benefits of green smoothies
- several myths, misconceptions, and unfounded objections (“superfoods,” the “dangers” of food combining, sugar rushes, and destruction of fiber)
- the importance of distinguishing folklore and opinion from evidence-based science, even (especially?) as a food blogger
- Smoothie making 101 for absolute beginners
- what blender to get?
- when to add the fruit, greens, ice, and water to avoid burning out the blender or spraying bits of frozen spinach all over the kitchen ceiling
- how to use green smoothies to jumpstart a total health overhaul
- how Tracy turned her green smoothie expertise into a business
- and much more
Enjoy, add your voice to the conversation via the comment box below, and please share – that's how we spread our message and spread our roots.
Tracy's book: The Best Green Smoothies on the Planet
Tracy's Reset-28 Program (crazy inexpensive, if you ask me 😉
Incredible Smoothies on Facebook (with over a quarter million fans – note to self: find out how she does it!)
Pam Popper – founder of The Wellness Forum (quoted comparing neglecting our health to neglecting our cars)
Sean D'Souza – business mentor and founder of Psychotactics.com
The Power of Habit, by Charles Duhigg – uncredited (in this interview) source of the concept of the Keystone Habit)