After Lucinda Dulcalfe sold her latest tech startup, she began casting around for her next project. After watching Forks Over Knives and wondering a) if this could possibly be true, and b) if it was, why hadn't she ever heard about it, Lucinda transitioned to a whole-foods, plant-based diet and discovered the benefits for herself.
Lucinda found that the transition wasn't easy, and created her latest venture, Real Food Works, to help people like her eat healthy and delicious meals, improve their health, get slim, and do their part for the environment.
In this conversation, we talk about:
- the Real Food Works business model to get healthy food into the mainstream
- why Lucinda thinks that “whole foods plant-based” is an unfortunate marketing slogan
- the three disease-promoting ingredients pretty much every restaurant kitchen depends on to make their food palatable
- the challenges in teaching traditionally trained chefs how to cook healthy food
- why Real Food Works offers two meals that include meat every week
- and much more
If you live in the continental US, you can find out more about Real Food Works and start getting gourmet whole food, plant-based meals at RealFoodWorks.com.
Enjoy, and please share!