After years of performing weight loss surgery, with himself overweight and faced with a medical recommendation to start taking cholesterol-lowering drugs, Garth woke up one day and asked the question, “Why are Americans so overweight and unhealthy?”
Which led him to a second question: “Where in the world are people slim and healthy?”
Which led him to a comprehensive study of nutrition, a complete overhaul of his personal lifestyle and diet, and a totally new way of working with his obese patients.
In this interview, we cover:
- the only form of psychological intervention ever to show clinically positive results, and how Garth uses it with his patients
- the unnaturalness of all low-carb diets, and their toll on our health
- why sugar is not the cause of diabetes
- the tyranny of “normal”
- how the medical system is changing (slowly!) to encourage better health
- the elephant in the health-care room that will eventually force the medical profession to recommend a plant-based diet
- and much more…
Enjoy, let us know what you think, and please share!
The Davis Weight Loss Clinic (Houston)
Recommended book: The Beck Diet Solution
Proteinaholic – the book that I helped Dr. Garth write!